I am interested in testing and analyzing large-scale programs, such as detection of concurrency issues and security bugs. My main works are as follows:
- General algorithms for detecting concurrency bugs (ESEC/FSE 2021a, ICSE 2023).
- Deadlock detection, from prediction (ICSE 2020, ICSE 2012, IEEE TSE 2014) to isolation (ASE 2016, TSE 2016, ICSE 2014, IEEE TPDS 2015, PPoPP 2013, ICSE 2012).
- High quality strategy for concurrency bug fixing/repair: FSE 2017a, ICSE 2016a.
- Data race detection, such as sampling and active detection: FSE 2017b, FSE 2016, FSE 2015.
- Concurrency vulnerabilities: ESEC/FSE 2019, ESEC/FSE 2021b, ISSTA 2021a.
- Others: SANER 2020, USENIX 2022, IEEE TRel 2022.
- Rule based bug mining (ICSE 2016b, ESEC/FSE 2018, IEEE TSE 2019).
- Autonomous Driving
- Testing Data Generation (ISSTA 2023).
- Associate Editor, Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- PC Member: ICSE 2023 (NEIR), AITest 2023.
Recent Publications (more)
- Xudong Zhang and Yan Cai. Building Critical Testing Scenarios for Autonomous Driving from Real Accidents. ISSTA (accepted), 2023.
- Shihao Zhu, Yuqi Guo, Long Zhang, and Yan Cai. Tolerate Control-Flow Changes for Sound Data Race Prediction. ICSE (accepted), 2023.
- Liang He, Hong Hu, Purui Su, Yan Cai, and Zhenkai Liang. FreeWill: Automatically Diagnosing Use-after-free Bugs via Reference Miscounting Detection on Binaries. USENIX Security’22, 2022.
- Yutian Tang, Hao Zhou, Xiapu Luo, Ting Chen, Haoyu Wang, Zhou Xu, and Yan Cai. XDebloat: Towards Automated Feature-Oriented App Debloating. IEEE TSE, 2022.
- Yang Liu, Zisen Xu, Ming Fan, Yu Hao, Kai Chen, Hao Chen, Yan Cai, Zijiang Yang, Ting Liu. ConcSpectre: Be Aware of Forthcoming Malware Hidden in Concurrent Programs. IEEE TRel, 2022.