I am interested in testing and analyzing large-scale programs, such as detection of concurrency issues and security bugs. My main works are as follows:
- General algorithms for detecting concurrency bugs (ESEC/FSE 2021a).
- Deadlock detection, from prediction (ICSE 2020, ICSE 2012, IEEE TSE 2014) to isolation (ASE 2016, TSE 2016, ICSE 2014, IEEE TPDS 2015, PPoPP 2013, ICSE 2012).
- High quality strategy for concurrency bug fixing/repair: FSE 2017a, ICSE 2016a.
- Data race detection, such as sampling and active detection: FSE 2017b, FSE 2016, FSE 2015.
- Understand concurrency vulnerabilities: ESEC/FSE 2019, ESEC/FSE 2021b, ISSTA 2021a.
- Understand vulnerabilities on Android: SANER 2020.
- Rule based bug mining (ICSE 2016b, ESEC/FSE 2018, IEEE TSE 2019).
- Editorial Board member, Journal of Systems and Software (JSS).
- Organizing Committee: ICSE 2022 (Artifact Evaluation Co-Chair)
- PC Member: ESEC/FSE 2022, ICSE 2022 Demo, ICSE 2021, MSR 2021.
Recent Publications (more)
- Yan Cai, Hao Yun, Jinqiu Wang, Lei Qiao, and Jens Palsberg. Sound and Efficient Concurrency Bug Prediction. ESEC/FSE’21, 2021.
- Kunpeng Yu, Chenxu Wang, Yan Cai, Xiapu Luo, and Zijiang Yang. Detecting Concurrency Vulnerabilities Based on Partial Orders of Memory and Thread Events. ESEC/FSE’21, 2021.
- Ming Yuan, Yeseop Lee, Chao Zhang, Yun Li, Yan Cai, and Bodong Zhao. RAProducer: Efficiently Diagnose and Reproduce Data Race Bugs for Binaries via Trace Analysis. ISSTA’21, 2021.
- Meng Ren, Zijing Yin, Fuchen Ma, Zhenyang Xu, Yu Jiang, Chengnian Sun, Huizhong Li, and Yan Cai. Empirical Evaluation of Smart Contract Testing: What Is the Best Choice? ISSTA’21, 2021.
- Yutian Tang, Hao Zhou, Xiapu Luo, Ting Chen, Haoyu Wang, Zhou Xu, and Yan Cai. XDebloat: Towards Automated Feature-Oriented App Debloating. IEEE TSE, 2021.